Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

settling time

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author mariomoskis

Here's an example.  I just used a simple sine wave to demonstrate the derivative concepts.  I normally clean up my code more than this.  Hopefully I threw in enough comments so you can figure out what is happening.  You only need to worry about what is inside of the fore loop.  The rest is just to make a pretty chart.  Just for fun, I used the built in LV function to show how different it really is (not at all).  I have a feeling the LV code does the exact same thing as I am showing.

Derivative.png

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 11 of 14
(1,467 Views)

Would you be kind enough to post the source code as attachment ? thanks

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,255 Views)

The code crossrulz posted is a "snippet" which is an image which contains the code. Download it and drag the file to the block diagram of a new VI.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,248 Views)

I doubt I kept that code more than 3 days, let alone 2 years.  Luckily, I do have a habit of posting snippets.  Save that image off to your desktop and then drag it into a VI's block diagram and you will be happy with the code.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,243 Views)