From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting waveform chart range

There's just one last thing I need to figure out before this is up and running.  Is there a way to have the x-axis display the actual time elapsed rather than this weird counting that it does?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(3,250 Views)

floydyourself,

Hello! Here are a handful of documents that talk about formatting the axis on waveform charts/graphs.

How Can I Plot My X-Axis in Units of Seconds Starting at Zero?
How Do I Set the Time and Date on the X-axis of a Graph in LabVIEW?
Displaying Current Time on a LabVIEW Chart
Configuring the X- and Y-Axes on a Graph or Chart

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(3,234 Views)

The first link entitled "How Can I Plot My X-Axis in Units of Seconds Starting at Zero?" seems to be exactly what I need, but I can only complete the first 2 steps.  I don't know what a DAQmx Timing VI is or what a DAQmx Read Waveform VI or Get Waveform Components VI is.

Attached is my current project as it stands. How do I copmlete the last 2 steps? 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(3,229 Views)
Sorry, wrong attachment.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(3,228 Views)

floydyourself,

That first link contained VI's that are part of the DAQmx driver. After looking at your code I realized you weren't using DAQmx so that link wansn't the most relative.

There is a document on our website called "How Do I Display Relative Time on my Waveform Chart and Set the Origin to Zero?" However it is having some issues so I will just post the text here.

"In order to display relative time on the X-axis with the origin set at zero, the initial time or t0 has to be set to zero. The way to do this programmatically is to create a property node for the X-scale and set the left-side of the axis to zero. To do this right-click on the waveform chart in your block diagram and select Create»Property Node»X Scale»Range»Minimum. Right click on the output terminal of the property node and select Change all values to write. Now wire a constant to the input terminal of the property node and set its value to zero. This will display a waveform chart on your front panel where as your VI runs, the origin of the X-axis will remain constant at zero while the right side of the axis updates with the elapsed time. The attached picture shows the property node with the waveform chart"

Also, I know I allready linked this one, but check out the relative time vs. absolute time settings.

Displaying Current Time on a LabVIEW Chart

Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(3,182 Views)