From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting the buffer size during data acquisition

Hi there i am fairly new to LabVIEW.  I have a problem.  I am a perform a data acquisition with a microncontroller, where a command would be sent to the microcontroller to start the data acqusition.  The data would then be streamed serially and continuously to the computer and displayed for the user.  The data is coming from 2 A/D card with 4 channels on each, where the data from each channel is 16 bits.  As the data comes in, it should be sorted according to board and channel number.  However the problem I believe I am having setting the buffer size.  When I send the command to the microcontroller to start data acquisition, I am only getting zeros.  The data is continously being streamed for no set time and I want to know how to set the buffer size to accomodate the continuous data that will be streamed to the computer.  The baud rate I am using is 921600 and the current buffer size that i am using is 4096.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,957 Views)

Could you share more information on the requirements and problem?

You can share the VI?

Regards,

Yogesh Redemptor

Regards,
Yogesh Redemptor
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,946 Views)