LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting gain attribute imaqdx

I am trying to set the gain of a Basler Scout camera within Labview.  I can set it in MAX and see the appropriate effect.  And I can read the value set in MAX using "Grab and Basic Attributes" and in the code below, and I can check that IsRightable is true.  I can also change other parameters within labview as in the attached (pdf picture of code).  But for some reason I can't write to a number of the parameters such as the gain and see an effect.  I have seen on the forum that the gain mode must be the right setting before the value can be set, but I know it is.  Any thoughts?

I can directly write to the register for a couple of the functions I need to call.  Alternatively, does anyone know where to find the full list of register calls for the Basler Scout cameras so I could set the gain this way?

Thanks much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,669 Views)

Hey c5,

I would suggest running Grab and Attributes Setup (also in the example finder, next to the grab and basic attributes example you mentioned). This will confirm that the camera file allows labview to access that particular attribute. If you look at the code for that example, you can use probes and highlight execution to confirm that you are using the correct names for your attribute, as well as checking for any other points you may have missed.

It looks like chapter 11 of this guide has a listing of every register you might use.

http://www.graftek.com/pdf/Manuals/basler/ScoutUsers_Manual.pdf

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,654 Views)