cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set dynamic data attribute subvi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am facing this wierd issue with a subvi, "set dynamic data attribute". When I place it on the block diagram, it disappears as I move this to the right. It is functional, though I can not see the icon of this subvi, if I move this beyond certain area on the block diagram. I am using LabView 2010 SP1.

Any clues,

Thanks,
Deepak

LAB View 2010 SP1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,192 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Deepak Arora

How big is your block diagram?

I do believe there is a limit to the area you can make your block diagram, and if you start moving things beyond this, then they can't be seen.  But if you do run into that problem, then your block diagram is way larger than it should be.

EDIT:  I found this thread http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Labview-block-diagram-icons-became-invisible/m-p/1119751#M494353 which discusses it.

Message 2 of 4
(2,190 Views)

Thank you very much. I looked at the last thread as well. Following are the dimensions of my block diagram in pixels,

vertically -423 to +121

horizontally -16338 to +13537

certainly it is too large. I prefer to use flat sequences over stacked, and that resulted in such a large block diagram. Any tips to improve this. I have started breaking the vi. into subvi as one of the solutions.

Thank you again,
Deepak

LAB View 2010 SP1
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,185 Views)

Your height is fairly short, but the width is probably something like 20 screens wide.

The way to improve is to do as you said and start making subVI's.  Without seeing code, there isn't anything more we can recommend.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,177 Views)