LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial string concat

I have a for loop and am trying to build a large string as an output.  The loop runs 10 times and I need to add each string output together to build one large string.  I tried the concatenate string function but it requires concatenates parrellel inputs.  Any ideas, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,565 Views)

You can use 'String concatenation' to concat an array of strings, just reduce the number of inputs to one (1).

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,564 Views)

thanks for the reply, I am really just trying to append to the string with each itteration of the loop.  I tried to reduce the input to 1 for the concatenate string function but did not see how.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,561 Views)

This is a fairly basic question. Have you done any of the LabVIEW tutorials? Shown here are the two methods (and there's a third by using a Feedback Node instead of the shift register).

To learn more about LabVIEW it is recommended that you go through the introduction material, tutorial(s), and other material in the NI Developer Zone's Learning Center which provides links to other materials and other tutorials. You can also take the online courses for free.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,555 Views)

Some thing like this

CatString.png

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,554 Views)

Thanks for the response.  Yep new to Lab View, but a long time C, C++ C# programmer.  Will look at the tutorials as well.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,528 Views)