LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial port buffer receive overflow????

I'm sending images using TCP/IP to a remote computer...it seems to works for small images, but as I increase the width and height of the image it gives the error "serial port receive buffer overflow" any way around it?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(17,990 Views)
Are you using a serial port in your setup (it sounds like you were just using TCP/IP)?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(17,990 Views)

I am expiriencing the same issue. I am only using a TCP read in one VI and a write in the other VI. The read VI got that error. The program will run if I erase the errors and I am then able to send data between the two VIs.

Thanks

TCP SCRShot.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(17,221 Views)

Look at the second possible explanation for your error: The network connection was refused by the server.  That seems much more likely.  Some of the error codes are "reused" from other programs or the OSes and as a result the same code is used for two different kinds of errors.  Since you have a network and not a serial port, the second one applies.

So, look for a network issue.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(17,217 Views)

Lynn,

Good point. Unfortunately that still didn't work.

Even if I run the labview data client examples for TCP I get the same error.

I tried disabling my firewall. At this point I am very confused. I am sure that I am doing something wrong as this should be easy... What else should I check?

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(17,200 Views)

In the example you posted you're trying to make a connection, but the listener (your other VI) isn't running. You need to run the VI that has the listener first. Otherwise, the connection will fail. The examples that ship with LabVIEW (Simple Data Client and Simple Data Server) provide explicit instructions on which to run first.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(17,198 Views)

hi

Even i am facing the same problem. i can run the server and client vi in same pc, without giving ip address in client. But its not working if I use two PC's. Itis giving the above error as u all r getting. May i please know what might be the reason.

Thank u in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(14,908 Views)
I am establishing a communication between TCP/IP protocol and serial port with a convertor inbetween(TCP/IP to Serial convertor). My VI communicating fine but wen i am calling sub VI from within my main VI,where again i am communicating through TCP/IP protocol,it is showing error of "Serial port receive buffer overflow" "Network connection is refused by the server" Pls help me in figuring out why i am getting this error
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(13,763 Views)

What's a "TPC/IP to Serial" converter?  That's like saying I have an "Unleaded gas to fuel line" converter.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(13,744 Views)

TCP buffer size can be restricted by OS or hardware.  OS may be unnecessarily limiting the buffer size.  Both the sender and receiver need to be set appropriately.  Windows 7 has a fixed default TCP receive buffer of 64 kb, scaling up to 16 MB through "autotuning".  You might find details you need here: http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/11/17/tcp_tuning.html

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(13,586 Views)