From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

separate enable/disable control? Output & Output bar

I have this pulse gen (HP8133A) and trying to find out if it is possible to disable output bar, but not output on the pulse channel....
once I enable the channel 1, both output & output bar gets enabled/disabled together...
I could not find anything in the user guide...

has anyone tried something similar in nature?

thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,515 Views)

jjlee,

Is there any labVIEW based application connected with this query? or are u asking about a hardware feature??

Message Edited by devchander on 07-19-2006 01:27 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,511 Views)
yes, this is a labview related query if this can be done...
(plz see the attached)

hp8133 settings are in the 'set config' case...
currently, I have to disable output bar on CH.1 after set config is completed...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,501 Views)
No, it is not a LabVIEW question. It is hardware specific. Go to http://www.agilent.com/.
Message 4 of 8
(2,497 Views)
thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,489 Views)

I looked up the user manual and there are separate commands for setting positive or negative of channel1. I can see the problem with adding multi-line index to the string at the end of the sting...and this is not good...since  it should look like;

"OUTP1:NEG OFF" to swtich off channel 1 of output bar
currently it is doing,
"OUTP:NEG1 OFF"..

could you advise how to fix this?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,482 Views)
Change the string to :OUTP and have the multi-line strings "0:NEG ", "1:NEG ", "2:NEG " or use Format Into String with a format string of "OUTP%d:NEG ". Make the same change to the POS output formatting.

The text got kind of messed up with the smiley but you should get the idea.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 07-19-2006 11:06 AM

Message 7 of 8
(2,477 Views)
thanks again!..sometimes I do get that smiley looking face, but they all have different facial expresssions...
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,457 Views)