LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select compile server

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello ,everyone ,I am fresh for LabVIEW FPGA .

I was using labview 2011 FPGA module to build an interface with cRIO-9022, I have installed  LabVIEW 2011, LabVIEW Real time module, LabVIEW FPGAmodule and NI-RIO version 4.0.but when I try to build a Vi and compile it , I was told that there is a communication error that "The local compile server is not installed on this computer",just like the picture . did I need install some other software ?

In my memery ,when I used the LV 8.6 and FPGA for 8.6 ,I just installed the RT ,the FPGA module and the RIO3.0 ,the project can be compiled and work successful .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,520 Views)

When you install the FPGA module, you have to make sure that you install the Xilinx components as well.  LabVIEW uses the Xilinx compiler to compile your FPGA bitfile.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,517 Views)

when you start the compilation, after you choose local compiler in 2011, sometimes it is usuall to see this error, just dont cancel compilation and wait for few seconds. You should then see it starts compilation

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,510 Views)

thank you ,I installed the xilinx 12.4,my project with singleboard 9631 can be compiled now ,but the project with Crio 9014 can not be compiled ..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,502 Views)

thank you ,I installed the xilinx 12.4,my project with singleboard 9631 can be compiled now ,but the project with Crio 9014 can not be compiled ..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,501 Views)

I forgot  add the picture of the error ,thank you all the same

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,499 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aven2008

If you look at that error window, it is obviously trying to communicate with the Xlinix 10.1 server.  I seem to remember that there were some situations in which LabVIEW calls an older compiler, but I'm not sure and I didn't think the 9014 was one of those cases.

You can also open up a compile worker outside of LabVIEW to see if there are any problems.  Go to Start > Programs > Xilinx > Compile Worker (at least I think that's the path, I don't have it in front of me).  If there are any major problems, that window should give you a more detailed error.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,492 Views)

Thank you for your kand help ! I installed a Xilinx 10.1 tools for FPGA ,and then ,it goes well ..

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,484 Views)

To expound on what Chris said: 

I had the same problem, but I knew for sure that I had Xilinx 10.1 installed - it showed up in MAX under software on My System. 

The key was to go to open the compile worker, like Chris said.  It's located at Start > National Instruments > FPGA > FPGA Compile Worker. 

Once I started that, Windows 7 informed me that the LabVIEW FPGA Compile Worker 2011 is now running.  Now when I build my FPGA program, it works without a problem. I'm not sure why the compile worker wouldn't start on its own before.  Maybe it's because I have multiple versions of Xilinx tools installed? 

Eric West

DMC Inc. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,438 Views)