LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scan still in buffer

I am trying to build a control system for four bioreactors(temperature, humidity, adding water, sampling gas). 

I have three while loop. the toppest loop is reading data from a RS232 port only.

The second loop rotate vale open.

the lowest loop is reading/writting data from/to a personal 56 DAQ.

I am using 8.2. Biofilter 2 is the main VI.

when I run the labview, it showed "scan still in buffer". I deleted the toppest and second loop, the message is still there.

I think there might be something wrong in the third while loop. I adjusted the scan rate but didnot help me out.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,173 Views)

Hello YLC

This sounds like a cool project!  I tried opening and running your VI and I was immediately hit with a number of dependency issues.  There appear to be some files from a "Personal DAQ" directory.  Are these your own customer VIs?  For example, PdaqAdcAcqGetStat.vi.

Perhaps you may be interested in taking a screenshot and uploading the error message for "scan still in buffer".  If there is an error code, that would be very helpful to me in assisting you.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Greg S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,157 Views)

Hi Greg,

Thanks for reply. There is no error message when i run it. The only problem is that there are "scan still in buffer". Plz see it in the attached pic.

I changed the VI a little bit. In the updated main VI, there are only two while loop instead of three in the previous one.

I slightly customerized the Pdaq MAIN VI by adding handle out. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,149 Views)

Hello YLC

I am still running into dependency issues when I try to run your virtual instruments.  Is there a location where I can download these "Personal DAQ" VIs?  I currently can't open your VI with its full functionality.  Please advice me where I can ge this library so that I can proceed to assist you.  Thank you very much for your effort!

Sincerely,

Greg S.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,134 Views)

Hi Greg,

I have solved this problem. Thanks.

One more question: sometimes, there are unexpected peaks in the signal, such as the peak in thermocouple. How can I remove or filter these peaks?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,120 Views)

Greg,

I have one more problem. I might mistakely click somewhere and the front panel is not visiable any more except the tab indicator. I can't figure out why. I attached the print sceen here. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,115 Views)

Hello YLC

I am happy to assist you with this.  To remove unwanted information from an input signal, you would want to use a technique called filtering.  Can you please provide me with some sample graphs, data or the Personal DAQ VIs so that I may simulate your system?  Can you please describe all the hardware you are using in your application?  You may wish to upload your high level systems design as well.

Thank you very much!  I look forward to our further correspondence!

Sincerely,

Greg S.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,100 Views)