LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving vi in labview 7.1 and 8.2

Hi

I am using LabView 7.1 and 8.2.I need to save a vi with all it's functionality in a single file.Is it doable ? Right now  I have a main vi and quite a few vis are being used as subvis into this main vi.Now I need to send this vi to someone else without losing any functionality i.e. the person I am sending to , should be able to use this with all functional flexibility.

Also let me know if there is any article to read on , about saving vis in LabView ( 7.1 and higher) depending on the application/purpose.
Their are couple of options in LabView like save all , save as and save with options etc.I haven't explored them much and ceratinly don't want to lose these vis in the process of saving ( which sounds stupid) .But I  read couples of mails on NI forum about this and it might happen.Also if the size of the saved file ( .llb) is too large then I might leave some vis out unknowingly.

Thanks!

Deepak
LAB View 2010 SP1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,288 Views)
In LabVIEW 8.2 you need to create a project, add your VIs/folders to the project, and then create a new build specification. In your case you can either create an application build specification or a source distribution specification. If you want the target user to be able to open the VIs and edit them, you need to source distribution specification.

As for converting to 7.1, in 8.2 you can only save a VI (and its subVIs) for 8.0. You would then need to open the 8.0 VIs with LabVIEW 8.0 and save for 7.1.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,275 Views)
Thanks a lot!
Thats a real nice feature in LabView8.2

how can we do the similar stuff in LabView 7.1 ?

LAB View 2010 SP1
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,270 Views)
That capability exists in 7.1 as well. Just go to File->Save with Options. Select "Development Distribution" if you want the target user to be able to open the block diagrams. Otherwise select "Application Distribution". The difference is that the latter removes the block diagrams, but you can still run the VIs.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,267 Views)