LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving/rearranging complicated waveform data

Hi,

I'm trying to save some data that is output from an instrument driver in an odd format --- the waveform is just a series of amplitudes --- honestly I'm not totally sure why it comes out in waveform but it does... the other information that the VI outputs is a start frequency and an increment (ie x step size). I suppose what I'd like to do is somehow turn the waveform into a 2-d array, but my main concern is saving it. I don't care how I do it. However, somehow I have managed to display the data on an x-y graph. anyway, I'm including the VI that I have so far:

Thanks,

-Spence
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,282 Views)

Hi,

In attachment you have an example to save your data; it's maybe not the most efficient.

Hope this helps,

Message Edité par BenjaminR le 02-15-2008 03:14 AM

Benjamin R.

Senior LabVIEW Developer @Neosoft

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,265 Views)

The data comes out as a waveform because of the bundle. This is the classic way to create a waveform. If you go to the block diagram and with context help turned on. when you move your mouse over the graph you will see this.

Benjamin's program will work if all you want to save is the waveform array. Of course, this discards the timing information. One way to save the timing information and save to a text file is shown below.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-15-2008 07:46 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,258 Views)
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help... Here's the VI I finally came up with --- Dennis's looks like a more efficient solution though. Are there any big disadvantages to mine?

-Spence
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,214 Views)