cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

I have this code that I attached it and I want to save my datas but every time I do that and saving ,the program ask me about direction of  the file but I like it does Automatically. so after I choose the saving, it saves all of data whitout aske the direction.

How can I do that?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(3,029 Views)

Find the VI attached which represents what I think you are trying to get across.

It will show you how to build the path. Make sure you save the VI on your desktop, and you should see the folder Example appear on you desktop.

Also it doesn't do any checking to see if the path exists, so it will generate and error if the folder already exists on your desktop, you can find all of the necessary tools you need to setup a solid path building in the programming->File I/O tool pallet. I tried to keep it as simple as possible so I don't confuse you.

Good luck,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(3,022 Views)

Why dont you use system checkmark with name automatic loggin with case structure and perform all the logging opertion inside case structure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(2,990 Views)

thanks

df86, your solution is good but I can use for first time and if I use for second time it has error and I need change the name of file.My aim is save  also   the name of file automatically like it recognize the date of computer and match the file name with that.

is it possible?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(2,966 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vsa

Yes, you can check for the existance of the folder, before trying to create it; use the date as the file name; and append the file, if it already exists.

I am sure you will need to tweak this, but it should give you a start.

Message 5 of 21
(2,942 Views)

Hi MStewart

Your code is so excellent and I changed it for my work but I have another problem. my code is work  only with 7.1 version of LV and it cannot work with another version.so when I want to change your code to mine , I cannot find some Icons like Creat Folder and ... in 7.1 version. is there any way  to use this code with this version?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(2,873 Views)

There must be a Create folder somewhere in LV 7.1. If by some wonder it isn't, make a System Exec run "md [path]"

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(2,852 Views)

Is there "Build Path"? That creates a folder in LV2012.

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(2,844 Views)

Que tal camerond:

Te pido en el futuro que generes un nuevo post para cada pregunta nueva.

Te adjunto un VI para revisar si existe la carpeta que pongas en un Build Path y crearla en caso de que no exista.

Saludos

Juan Arguello Director Support Services @NI
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(2,832 Views)

vsa,

I have not worked with 7.1 much, so I am not sure what the best practices are for file I/O in that version.  I did a search of the knowledge base and found this: Create Nested Folders, but I don't know if it addresses your specific needs.

Any 7.1 experts out there that could help us out?

Edit: Looks like JuDa offered a fix right before I posted this.  Is that what you needed?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(2,830 Views)