LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save it to ms.word

Hey marp84,

In the context help for the Word Send Document VI it says:

"Sends the current document to a list of recipients via email. You can use this VI only if you configure Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express as the default email application.

If you do not, the VI places the message in the Outlook output box but does not send it to the recipients. If Outlook is not installed on the computer, the VI returns an error."

Do you have Microsoft Outlook on your machine and have it set as the default email application? As mentioned in the context help for this VI, this could be the cause of the error you are seeing.

Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
Message 11 of 23
(1,467 Views)

Yes I've Microsoft Outlook in my machine.can you help me how to make it set as the default email application?

tanx

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(1,453 Views)

Microsoft

For email, you also have the functions on the Data Communication>Protocols>SMTP Email palette.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(1,449 Views)
where i can get email palette?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(1,444 Views)
It's installed with the full version of LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(1,441 Views)

Hey marp84,

There are several ways that you can email documents using LabVIEW. In addition to the Report Generation Toolkit and the Word Send Document VI, there is the SMTP palette as mentioned by Dennis. Also, there is a way to use and existing Gmail account and LabVIEW to email documents. Check out some of the following links for some examples on the SMTP vi's and the Gmail routine:

Gmail using LabVIEW

Send SMTP email from LabVIEW 8.6

Also, check out the rest of the email examples on ni.com/community

Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
Message 16 of 23
(1,417 Views)
how i can save it to another folder at directory for example e: ?
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(1,381 Views)

Copy.

You keep asking VERY basic questions. Have you gone through the LabVIEW tutorials?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(1,369 Views)

If you only want to past a Labview indicator/control into say a lab report you only has do this. Then in edit mode(the VI is not runningjust select one or more labview items and copy them (Ctrl+c). Then go back to word and paste the selected items in (Ctrl+v). If you want a runtime snapshot just use the print screen button. If you need to edit, you may use paint

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(1,367 Views)
can you tell me how i can renam x and y axis?
Message Edited by marp84 on 08-08-2009 02:01 AM
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(1,332 Views)