From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save data

How can I save the data once when I press the save button, and it will remain in the same file when I write it next time?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,374 Views)

Hi luopeng,

@luopeng2019 wrote:

How can I save the data once when I press the save button, and it will remain in the same file when I write it next time?

Use a latching button to save the data "once upon press".

And append the data to your file instead of overwriting the file to "remain the text the next time"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,368 Views)

Can you modify it on save.vi uploaded in my attachment? Upload after modification, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,282 Views)

Can you modify it on save.vi uploaded in my attachment? Upload after modification, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,281 Views)

Hi luopeng,

@luopeng2019 wrote:

Can you modify it on save.vi uploaded in my attachment?

Yes, I can do this easily…

Why can't you?

@luopeng2019 wrote:

Upload after modification, thank you!

No, I will not do that!

Do this simple step on your own! You already had 3 days to change the mechanical mode of your button…

Right-click the button, select an appropriate mechanical action for your button!

And when you are editing that VI: the FileClose function belongs into the case, where your other file functions are located…

What's the point of that FOR loop iterating exactly once?

And why does that WHILE loop needs to spin as fast as possible?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,274 Views)