cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save data to excel file

Solved!
Go to solution

hi,

i make a program which read the sensor value via serial port...but i dont know how can i save this data in excel file...i open the example in labview example but i dont want like that....becaue i use a while loop in my program that cause open " multi " excel file ....how can i solve this problem ?

" Science is came....not come "
I study Mechatronics Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,358 Views)

@ThaerAL-Hwaiti wrote:

...i open the example in labview example but i dont want like that....becaue i use a while loop in my program that cause open " multi " excel file ....how can i solve this problem ?

What example did you use?

What is "multi" excel file?

Solve what problem?

You need to explain things significantly clearer.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,346 Views)

open this file"sample report (ecxel )" which is found in this attachment.

when i use that file in "while loop "...more than one file of excel will be opened .

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

my question :-

how can i save data that come from serial port in one execl file...when i use while loop in my program ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,336 Views)

Sorry, I don't use the Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office. Why does it have to be excel?

In any case, there are lower level VIs that let you edit and add cells to en existing worksheet. You simply need to read the help.

Message 4 of 6
(3,309 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ThaerAL-Hwaiti

You need to think about what you want to do, not how you want to do it.  I'm going to make some assumptions here -- adopt to your "real" specifications.

I assume that you want to take a series of readings from a device (sensor, serial port).  I assume that you will take multiple readings, perhaps displaying them on a Chart or Graph, for some period of time.  Once you have a body of data, you want to save all of the data in an Excel file.

If this scenario is correct, there are three separate phases to this task -- Set up data collection (open serial port, handle User Interaction as needed), Collect Data (and potentially produce Charts or Graphs), and Save the Data.  Note that only Step 2, Collect Data, involves a repetetive action suitable for a While loop.  Once you have all the data in hand, you can then open an Excel Report, use something like Excel Easy Table to put the Table into the Report or Excel Easy Graph to put a Graph into the Report, and Save Report to do the obvious, save the report.

If you are using a relatively recent version of LabVIEW (say 2010 or later), the new Excel Report Generation VIs are quite easy to use.

Message 5 of 6
(3,292 Views)

thank you very much .....Bob_Schor...

Message 6 of 6
(3,279 Views)