LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save NI report generator files with new names

I was trying to save labview library files under new names so that I could adapt the code but the 'Save As' option is greyed out. In certain cases, when I try to copy and paste the code, I get broken wires and cannot get the VI's to work.

I have been using the report generator toolkit which is quite limited. I was trying to delete a row from an spreasheet but there is no function to do this. So, one workaround that was suggested to me was to use the 'Excel Insert Cells' VI and change the code to instruct it to 'clear' cells rather than 'insert' them. This works, but I wanted to save a copy of the amended file under a different name so that it was independent of the installed library files but I can't seem to do this. I tried to copy out the code but got broken wires even though I have been able to do this in other instances.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Will

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,940 Views)

Hi Will,

I had the same problem with a project and found the following workaround:

To ensure the original function of any library VI, it's not recommended to just change the VI to do something else.

Therefore I expanded the VI to do both, the original functionality and the special function I needed.

I made an extra Input to the VI, which is a boolean Input.

With that extra optional Input I can now choose the function I want to do.

I made the "False" case to be default. This case works like the original function.

The "True" case is built to do my special function.

This workaround is quite easy and not dangerous. For all projects, which would use the function in their normal use case it's working just as if the file was unchanged.

And for projects using special functionality I can add a "True" constant to my VI Input and the function works as I want..

Hope this workaround helps to fix your problem!

Kind regards

adigator

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,917 Views)