From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save LV graph of many plots to excel

Solved!
Go to solution

My data type is waveform (brown colour) and not cluster(pink), since from an agilent oscilloscope, I am using its device drivers to acquire the waveform.

I used 'get waveform components' to get Y, dt and t0 from the graph, but i am unable to add t0 and dt due to mismatch of datatypes( t0 is of timestamp). How to convert a timestamp into numeric? Can you please help me out with this?? thanx....  

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(378 Views)

->I used 'get waveform components' to get Y, dt and t0 from the graph, but i am unable to add t0 and dt due to mismatch of datatypes( t0 is of timestamp). How to convert a timestamp into numeric?

This why I rarely use the waveform data type.  The easiest solution if you don't need the absolute time information contained in the time stamp and can live with relative time, is to just set t0 to zero, which is what I typically do.  If you need the time information you can convert everything into a single string array using Format Date/Time String and Number to Fractional String (see this thread  write array to spreadsheet string ). 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(372 Views)

Thanx CTF...

Now it works really well.... 🙂

I set t0 to zero as u said...

I was working with another code where the waveform graph is a 2D array rather than a cluster..

In the x-axis column I am simply getting the serial number rather than the time coordinates next to the y values.

What to do about that?? Any suggestion will be really helpful.

Thank You very much.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(364 Views)