From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

runtime engine problems

I have a laptop running XP, which i had the full Labview Development system installed on.

I have several VI's and a Teststand sequence that i have run without problems there.

Now, it comes time to deploy the test system, and i uninstalled the full dev system from the laptop.

Of course when run the VI ask for Runtime Enginr 2010, and the Teststand 'testexec.exe' asks for 8.6.1.

So i installed 8.6.1 RTE - and TS was still asking for RTE. I installed RTE 2010, and then RTE 2011.

But now the testexec.exe flashes up the splash screen of TestStand, and then does nothing more. And my VI (.exe) still complain that they need RTE2010 despite the fact that it should be installed (although i dont see it in the windows 'add/remove programs', or under National Instruments software.

I've built the .exe with an installer too, which should include the 2010 RTE as 'additional installers'. And it deploys ok to other machines.

Any ideas?

Labview 2010, TestStand 2010
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,968 Views)

Ok, small update.

I have now reinstalled LV2010 sp1 (only) from the dev suite, and the VI still dont run. this is weird.

Labview 2010, TestStand 2010
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,960 Views)

Hi Hoss183,

I suspect that when LabVIEW was uninstalled from the Laptop it has left some files and registry entries on the system that are now causing you issues.  Normally an exe would be made on the development machine and then distributed to other machines (with the runtime engine if necessary).  

This tutorial out lines the procedure for creating a executable and installer.  I would advise going back and recreating your exe's and the installers.  

What's the reason for developing on your laptop then uninstalling and deploying to the laptop?

Best regards

Matt Surridge

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,926 Views)