LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run when open

I have a VI that runs when opened even when the "run when opened" is unchecked in the VI properties prior to building an executable.  It does this on versions 8.2.1 and 8.5.  How do I get the attached VI to NOT run when it is opened?  I searched the forum and it was suggested that it was a bug in version 8.2 but it is happening in 8.5 as well.  Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,068 Views)
Have you checked 'Source File Settings' for your Startup VI in the Build Specification Properties for your application to make sure 'Run when opened' is not selected?  By default this setting is not locked to the 'Use VI Property' as the expected behavior of an executable is to 'run when opened'.
Message 2 of 4
(4,051 Views)
DiscoBob;

I just unchecked the run when opened in source file parameters prior to building and I was able to get a .exe that didn't run when opened on version 8.5.  Thanks for your quick help!!! Much appreciated.  I'll try 8.2.1 tomorrow. 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,046 Views)
This will not work in 8.2 since there's a bug in the builder for this option, but you can enable the remote debugger, and select 'Wait on debugger' this will have the same effect (though the VI is bigger)

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,027 Views)