From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run exe on a pc without LABView installed

Hi all,
I created an executable file for my program. I wanted to run this exe on another pc where LABView is not installed. But it didn't work. The error message said, that LABView is not installed. What can I do to run this exe without LABView?
Thx in advance for all of your help...
Greets Thomas
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,290 Views)
Hello Thomas,

create an installer with the same "Build application"-dialog. Or install the LabView Runtime Library before running the exe. And don't forget to include any needed libraries (VISA, IMAQ, dll, ...)
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,284 Views)
You will have to create installer when building your application for executable.

To do this, in general, when creating script for "Build Application or Shared Library (DLL)", go to "Installer Settings" and check the "Create Installer" checkbox. This will create an installer when your application is built.

Now, bring the built application folder to your deployment PC, run "Setup" from within the "installer" folder and this will install your application executable to i.e. C:\Program Files\

Upon completion of installation, you are now ready to run your application!

Cheers!
Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,283 Views)
LabVIEW executables built using the application builder will only run on a machine that has the appropriate matching LabVIEW Run-time Engine version installed (not the full development system).

There is a selectable option in the application builder that will create an installer file that installs both your executable and the required Run-time Engine.

Alternatively, you can install the Run-time Engines seperately directly from either the App' Builder CD or the LV Dev System CD (explore the CD to find the "redist'/RTEng" folder).

Note, a PC can have multiple versions of the LV RTEs installed simultaneously.

Note also, that you need to ensure that other software components such as NI-DAQ, etc, are installed if your executable requires them.
Message 4 of 4
(3,278 Views)