LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rt-query cRIO from Windows host by vi server

Solved!
Go to solution

we have a setup using two RT chassis: a 9082 and a 9146. I was looking for a way to verify connectivity from an admin Win PC. Drew some code to request by FTP from each chassis a file (ni-rt.ini) and this works, and verifies connectivity. Thinking that maybe I could take this a step further, maybe using VI server(?) and verify modules, or some other chassis specific info. Are there hooks for this? Is there a way to get more info from an RT chassis other than using FTP to get a copy of the ini file? The more info the better, but I don't know what is exposed. Pointers to appropriate documentation would be great, or just tell me my limitations, that's cool too 😉

Lawrence M. David Jr.
Certified LabVIEW Architect
cell: 516.819.9711
http://www.aleconsultants.com
larry@aleconsultants.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,443 Views)

Hi lmd2,

If you're looking for a way to do a quick manual check, I'd recommend the NI Network Browser.  This will allow you to see the devices available on your network, and if you have Web-Based Configuration and Monitoring installed on the target it'll also give you a hyperlink to the device's configuration service.

If you need a programmatic method, you should take a look at the System Configuration API. That should give you access to general configuration information as well as the current status of the targets. There are many examples demonstrating the use of SysConfig available at ni.com/community.

Regards,

Tom L.
Message 2 of 3
(2,434 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author lmd2

Cool - since this will be a distributed system to a client, I am not sure that the NI Network brower is the solution that we need, but the system configuration API sounds like the pointer that I was looking for - many thanx Outlaw

Lawrence M. David Jr.
Certified LabVIEW Architect
cell: 516.819.9711
http://www.aleconsultants.com
larry@aleconsultants.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,420 Views)