LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ring control and case structure

Hi,
I use ring control for two selection e.g. 4 and 8 and use case structure to carry out each selection. I wire the ring control to the selector terminal, but there's an error "A ccase structure must have a case corresponding to every possible value of the selector. Any easy way to fill this requirement is to specify a default case or cases whose selector values include ranges to or from infinity". How should i fix the problem?
Message 1 of 4
(6,926 Views)
There are two easy ways to correct this.

Method 1: make one of the cases the "Default" case. Select the case you want to make default (e.g. Case "0"). Right click on the selector and click "Make This The Default Case".

Method 2: Label the cases this way "..0" and "1.." meaning the first case occurs for any input less than or equal to 0, the second case occurs for inputs equal to or greater than 1.

Either should do the job for you, but there are times when one method works better for what you're trying to achieve.

Tim
Message 2 of 4
(6,926 Views)
Right Click on the case values area, and select "make this the default case" for one of your cases
Message 3 of 4
(6,926 Views)

Thank you for info. I handle with the problem

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,701 Views)