From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[resolved] Changed user cannot open project

hello I hope you can help,

I have a project under a local user name, however the pc ned to connect to the network now and use a network user/pass.

I've created a new network user and logged in as a local administraitor, but when I try to launch my project it says 'Project or Libarary file cannot be opened'

any idea why that is? and what I might do to get around it?

Folder permissions, resolved 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,377 Views)

@deci wrote:

I have a project under a local user name, however the pc ned to connect to the network now and use a network user/pass.

I've created a new network user and logged in as a local administraitor, but when I try to launch my project it says 'Project or Libarary file cannot be opened'

Try the following.  Log off the PC, disconnect from the network, log back in as the local user.  Copy the Project and all of its files to a USB Thumb Drive.  Reconnect to the Network, log in with the Network password, copy the file back from the USB  Drive to your (Network) Documents folder.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,371 Views)