From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resizing window

Solved!
Go to solution

When I reduce the size of structure (such as a while loop or for loop), the contents of the structure don't move, they disappear underneath the structure. The code still works, but it's annoying particularly when I resize a case or event structure with lots of cases because I have to expand it and manually move the contents into sight. 

Any ideas?     

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,500 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author grahamwebb

Hi,

right-click the structure, enable AutoGrow. Now you can't hide any content of the structure...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(2,489 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you running? It sounds like you have an older version of LabVIEW. I haven't really seen the behavior you're describing in current versions of LabVIEW. On older ones, yes.

EDIT: Do you have AutoGrow enabled or disabled in the LabVIEW options or on the specific structure?

EDIT2: Looks like GerdW asked the same question while I was editing my response. 
Message Edited by smercurio_fc on 03-18-2010 09:32 AM
Message 3 of 5
(2,488 Views)

Right-Click the structure and check 'Auto Grow'.  Should be on by default, double check Tools->Options->Block Diagram near the top is the option to place structures with Auto Grow Enabled.

Edit:  Took too long checking old LV versions for Auto Grow.  At least makes it to 8.2 

Message Edited by Darin.K on 03-18-2010 07:33 AM
Message 4 of 5
(2,484 Views)
Excellent! Thanks everyone. I probably copied and pasted a loop that didn't have auto grow enabled.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,478 Views)