LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reset pfi counter

Solved!
Go to solution

I am reading an encoder pulse signals with the PFI (high speed counter) of a NI USB Daq 6009 and labview. So I tried to do this at the simpler way I found, by using the labview "component" (I don't know the correct name) of the picture attached. I'm counting the pulses just wiring a numeric indicator to the "data" outuput port of this "component" and it seems to be working perfectly. But my problem is when I try to reset this counter. I tryed to wire a boolean control to the "stop" input port of this component and it worked when I click the boolean control to true, but when I turn it back to false, it doesn't count the pulses anymore. It only counts the pulses again when I press the stop buttom and press play to execute the VI again.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,319 Views)

just complementing my post...

hope you can help me.

Tks! 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,318 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ManuSpadim

The block you are using is an express vi, this most certainly wont do what you want, use discrete vi's.

You will need to initialise the daq outside a while loop and then inside the while loop have states (please search for state machine architecture) such as count, pause, reset, stop etc.

You could modify this example and add states in to the while loop accordingly. Also try the example finder, labview comes with loads of examples for daq's.

Hope this helps.

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
Message 3 of 5
(2,297 Views)

hello aCe

I'm trying to download this vi, but it's not working. And the picture is not loading.

I'll keep trying tomorrow.

thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,278 Views)

thankyou very much

it worked very well!

hugs!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,258 Views)