LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reserved resources:error 50103

hi all,

i am using PCI 6035 E for data aquisition.   i have got two separate vi's. each of them is used for acquiring separate analog inputs( one is connected to ai0 and another to ai2 , they have got separate task name in the measurement & automation explorer). now when i run them separately it works fine. but when i try to run one vi from the other, i get an error.which says "ERROR 50103 OCCURRED AT DAQmx READ....the specified source is reserved. i could not find the possible reason for this. looking for any help in  this regard.
samik
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,657 Views)

samik,

You can't have two daq-mx tasks running at the same time accessing the same resources.  All the analog input channels on this board are considered the same resource.  Try making one vi that does all your data acquistion and then pass the data from each channel into the individual vis where the data is needed using a queue.

SteveA
CLD

-------------------------------------
FPGA/RT/PDA/TP/DSC
-------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,651 Views)
thanks steveA for ur prompt response. do u mean to say that if i just keep the contents of  the other vi as (say) a sequence structure into the first one , then it will work? or is it that i can not use two separate task name ( or acquire two signals from two different channels separately) even in one vi ? kindly detail a bit
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,646 Views)

Unless you need the max sampling rate, the best solution is to just have both channels in the same task.

If you really want separate tasks, just use data flow (i.e. the error in/out connectors). No need for a sequence structure.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,626 Views)