LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

resample wave information

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to resample wave information?

I know that I can read in a wave file recorded at 11Khz and then write out the information at 22Khz or 44 Khz.  But what I want to do is read in the 11 Khz file, upconvert to 22 Khz, do some processing of the file, perhaps combine it with other information and then play it or write it out.

Of course I want to go the other way, that is, downconvert from 22 Khz to 11 Khz.  What would be nice would be to have a version of the Write Wave File VI which returned the information in an array instead of writing it to disk. I suppose I could write it and then reread it but that seems inelegant to say the least.

Any advice? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,499 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author David_Lieberman
I think what you are looking for is the Align and Resample express VI. 
-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

Message 2 of 4
(2,496 Views)

Thanks.  I'll try it and post the results.

I just want to add that I fooled around a little with reading a wav file with 11 Khz information and then writing it out at 22 Khz.  It does NOT resample.  Therefore, when you write it out you get a wav file with a header that says 22 Khz but the data is the identical 11 Khz information that you read in.  So when you read in that file and play it you get something which is half the duration and higher pitched.  Yeccch!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,481 Views)
I tried it. It worked fine. Thanks!!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,452 Views)