LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report generation: server execution failed

the app has been running for months. IS dept just upgraded machines and software. NT4.0 is now Win2000 and Office 97 is now Office2000. Report generation tool kit is not happy. Even running NI examples I get error -2146959355 server execution failed in Font Style.vi
Lawrence M. David Jr.
Certified LabVIEW Architect
cell: 516.819.9711
http://www.aleconsultants.com
larry@aleconsultants.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,755 Views)
When you install the toolkit, it detects the Office version on the machine. If you upgrade the MS Office, the VIs will be broken. This because the Microsoft ActiveX objects were not the same for different Office versions.
All you need to do is uninstall the toolkit and install it again. This will detect the new MS Office on your system.

Zvezdana S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,755 Views)
I wish it was that simple. Obviously when they changed the OS (and OFFICE)(actually the entire PC was refreshed to a new IBM leaser)- I reinstalled LabVIEW and all the tool kits.This brings up two issues
1) if my clients around the building using the old executable upgrade MS Office, does the old exe no longer work
2) Why, on my machine, with LabVIEW 6.1 and all the tool kits re-installed, I can not get even an NI example to print using the report generation tool kit - even a text file - forget about word or excel
Lawrence M. David Jr.
larry@aleconsultants.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,755 Views)
Searching the Microsoft's web site, I found some info on this error:
If you have never had Norton AntiVirus installed on your computer, follow the following instructions:

1. Open up the specific VI causing Error �2146959355
2. Recompile this VI by pressing the Run arrow while holding down the CTRL and SHIFT keys
3. Go to File � Save All
4. Run the VI

If you are using Norton AntiVirus 2000 with Microsoft Word 2000, follow these instructions:
Note: This information was provided by http://support.microsoft.com. Please use these instructions at your own risk.

1. Select Start � Run
2. If Norton AntiVirus is installed as a stand alone application, type:
regsvr32 -u "c:\program files\norton antivirus\officeav.dll"
If this is successful, you will receive:
DllUnregisterServer in C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\OfficeAV.dll succeeded.

If Norton AntiVirus is installed as a component of SystemWorks, type:
regsvr32 -u "c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton antivirus\officeav.dll"
If this is successful, you will receive:
DllUnregisterServer in C:\Program Files\Norton Systemworks\Norton AntiVirus\OfficeAV.dll succeeded.
3. Click OK

Microsoft notes that in some cases you must rename the oleaut32.dll and reinstall Office 2000. Renaming oleaut32.dll usually requires that you boot your computer in MS-DOS mode.
- Navigate to the directory where oleutt32.dll is located (usually C:\windows\system32) using the cd DOS command.
- Type: rename oleaut32.dll renamed_oleaut32.dll and press Enter
- Reinstall Microsoft Office
Note: This problem seems to still exist with Office 2002.

1. Unfortunately, this is how the activeX works. If Microsoft changes the activeX objects from one Office version to another, the executable built with Office97 will not work with Office2000. You will have to recompile your VI into the executable on a machine with Office2000 and toolkit configured for this version.

2. For the error "server execution failed" with Text Report Example, select File � VI Properties. Select "Execution" from the category box and set the "Preferred Execution" to user interface. This should solve the problem.

Zvezdana S."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,755 Views)
Seems to be working, not sure about the scattered client machines running the old executable (yet);
thanx
Lawrence M. David Jr.
larry@aleconsultants.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,756 Views)