LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report generation in Excel

Hi all,

Im new to LV, i want to learn to create an excel sheet using LV6.1..or LV 7.1

I saw a tutorial here at NI zone http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3178#toc2

they have included the tutorial files also as llb files

1)Do i need to install the llb files first ,before using it,to be in a proper way?

2)the llb files when double clicked reported many missing vis..

Should i need to have the report generation tool kit from NI to create Excel files? I ve got a complete version of LV 6.1 CDs ,is report generation toolkit included in it? or should i ve to purchase it separately??How could i check?

I can create html report in LV 6.1 & ive created it,but icant see any excel supporting VIs in the report generation palette there..

can somebody help??

Stephen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,419 Views)

HI,

You dont need to install llb files, you can directly use that.

In this library some code is missing or wire is not connected properly.

Do the folowing modification so it will work fine. Unzip sample_tutorial_code_lv60.zip and open Simple Test Station - Design 4.llb

1. Open Simple Test Station - Design 2.vi from Simple Test Station - Design 4.llb and do the modification shown in attach sanp1.jpg

2. Open Simple Test Station - Design 1.vi from Simple Test Station - Design 4.llb and do the modification shown in attach sanp2.jpg

3. Before running the Simple Test Station - Design 4.vi give the path of excel sheet available in unzip folder

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Santosh

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,414 Views)

ku637 wrote:

Should i need to have the report generation tool kit from NI to create Excel files? I ve got a complete version of LV 6.1 CDs ,is report generation toolkit included in it? or should i ve to purchase it separately??How could i check?

Stephen,

Yes, you may need to purchase the RGT seperately, if you dont have the NI Dev Suite edition. LV 6.1 CDs alone do not contain the RGT. It is licensed & to be purchased seperately. Please contact your local area Ni sales representative.

That said, w/o the RGT, you can use ActiveX functions (Properties & Methods) from within LV to generate & customize (to some extent) Excel reports.

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,400 Views)