LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replace this data generation ... NI-DAQmx

Solved!
Go to solution

I am new to the NI-DAQ MX and I am trying to use a USB-6501 to creat a digital output using the DAQ assistant.

When I generate the code I am given a message that states " Replace this data generation subVI with your data to output"

I am not sure what th is is telling me to do.

example attached.

Thank you

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,465 Views)

The code gen routine was nice to you and created a shell sub-vi for you.  of course, It could not quite read your mind and you will need to modify the vi or replace it with your logic to make correct values. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,452 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jim_Glanz

Essentially this is just telling you replace this code block with the actual code that is generating data you want to write. Based on the polymorphic type of the DAQmx subVI, the data you generate will have to be a 1-D array of U32 integers. Simply wire the data generated into the "data" terminal input on the left side of the DAQmx Write block.

If you are fairly new to using using DAQmx, I would recommend taking a look at the examples that come with LabVIEW. With LabVIEW open, go to the Help menu and select "Find Examples..." In the center navigation pane of the NI Example Finder that pops up, navigate to Hardware Input and Output > DAQmx > Digital Generation and open the Write Dig Port.vi or the Write Dig Chan.vi. Both of these are very basic programs that outline outputting a basic binary command. Looking at these examples would be a good start to familiarizing yourself with DAQmx functionality.

Also, here's a link to a good article that overviews important DAQmx functions.

Hopefully this helps!

Chris G

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 3
(2,426 Views)