LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remove coercion dot

Hello,

I was going through one of the CLD solutions and wanted to make a type def for the "Token" array (please see attached Type Def.vi file).  Is it possible to get rid of the coercion dot that appears on the Type Def.vi file?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,663 Views)

Why? that coercion dot just indicates that you are connecting a regular cluster array to a typdef cluster array.

There is no performance penalty. Just ignore it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,658 Views)

One simple solution would be to make the array element a typdef (instead of the array). See attached modification.

Message 3 of 6
(2,645 Views)

And here's one possibility if you want to retain the typdef'd array.

Message 4 of 6
(2,641 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

One simple solution would be to make the array element a typdef (instead of the array). See attached modification.

I never make an array a typedef.  If I need that, then I make the elements in the array the typedef.  It makes life a lot easier on many fronts.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 6
(2,612 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I never make an array a typedef.  If I need that, then I make the elements in the array the typedef.

Yup very rarly do I ever make a type def that isn't a enum, or a cluster.  I do it some times on things that I know need to be linked so in the future when updates come, I can just update the type, but this is quite rare.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,578 Views)