cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a server and two clients connected with the server via remote front panel. I want to reduce the timeout for switching the control from one client to another. I have modified the field "Control time limit" in web server under the Labview options. When one client requests the control the timeout starts correctly (I can see the situation from the Remote Panel Connection Manager) but when it finishes the contdown restarts from 1h. The same problem is described in this discussion http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Remote-Panel-Connection-timeout-problem/td-p/405544, but actually I'm using Labview 15.0f2. Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Gimondi Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,609 Views)

One more hint.

I tried a simple test: a VI with a while loop and a stop button. Trying to switch control from the clients everything works fine.

Then I added a sub VI doing the sum of two integers and everything was fine, but if I change the execution mode of the sub VI  to reentrant the problem appears again.

My original VI is quite complicated: FPGA, DAQmx, ... . I tried to look for all my sub VI with the reentrant execution in the project dependecies, but probably a lot of standard block used in my project are reentrant because the problem remain.

Shall I modify also the labview standar blocks setting non reentrant execution? 

Any other possible solution?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,563 Views)

Continuing in my mologue.

More precise information: the problem don't seems to be reentrant execution or not, but instead if my VI is in a project or not. If the VI is in a project the control doesn't switch if it is not the control switch correctly.

The problem is that my VI has to be in a project: I have an fpga target and I/O servers, is it right? Do you have the same problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,552 Views)

Did you change the VI Server / Application Server settings for the project, or for LabVIEW? Right click on the project in the project explorer window and you should get some project specific options?

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,547 Views)

Right clicking on the project there are no useful properties. If from the project view I go under tools>options>web server>Control time limit I see the same parameter set from the VI 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,540 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author snostro

In the end I succeed in managing the problem.

Playing with the property nodes I noticed that the unlock control property don't work with the VI in a project if one client has the control, indeed the property works if the server has the control. Fortunately the lock control property works client-side (that property gives the control to the server).

With the simple Vi attached I look if one client has requested the control and in that case the server locks and unlock the control thus the waiting client eventualy receive the control.

Hope that this can help someone!

Message 6 of 6
(3,334 Views)