LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

release V1.0 of a free LabVIEW Datagrid open source project

I have finished the first version of the datagrid project for LabVIEW.  Its open source and a great way to use Grid functionality to replace labview's ancient tables and mulitcolumn listboxes, with more features, data types and ease of use.  Check out the project on github and download the VIP installer or packed libraries to try it out.  Its built for LabVIEW 2014+ at the moment.

Message 1 of 12
(4,953 Views)

If I download the source project, there is a missing subVI, breaking the first example.

This is the only mssing item in the project!. Is this from some toolkit?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,923 Views)
Darn. It relinked again. That subvi is in the source to relink it. Sorry. I'll get the package update tonight...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,906 Views)

All fixed up, the file is in the source/subVIs already, just got linked out to a library version of it.  Thanks for letting me know, the packages and binaries are fixed up now..  The main brnach is now master aw well.

Message 4 of 12
(4,869 Views)

@Mike_King wrote:

All fixed up, the file is in the source/subVIs already, just got linked out to a library version of it. 

Any idea why the VI package went from 3.7MB to 14MB in the binaries folder?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,817 Views)

Hi Mike,

bug report:

I started your "Example Define All Rows". when I click the last element (row 1, column 6, default value "Guage") and change it's value the example VI doesn't react on clicking other datagrid elements!

- It doesn't show any events when clicking other items.

- It doesn't allow to change other datagrid elements…

It only react on closing the window!

Similar for other items: after switching the checkmark in Row 0, column 7 I cannot select any other items. The VI only reacts on switching that very checkmark or by closing the window…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,801 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Any idea why the VI package went from 3.7MB to 14MB in the binaries folder?

Yup, it seems that the VIPackage was including the binaries folder in its own distribution source, so previous VIPs were included in itself.  I'll get that removed and shrunk back to a reasonable size.  Thanks, I hadn't noticed this.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,744 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Mike,

bug report:

I started your "Example Define All Rows". when I click the last element (row 1, column 6, default value "Guage") and change it's value the example VI doesn't react on clicking other datagrid elements!

- It doesn't show any events when clicking other items.

- It doesn't allow to change other datagrid elements…

It only react on closing the window!

Similar for other items: after switching the checkmark in Row 0, column 7 I cannot select any other items. The VI only reacts on switching that very checkmark or by closing the window…

Thanks GerdW.  This is happening due to some cell validation to keep columns consistent with column type, but forgot this will need to be bypassed for custom cells.  You can always hit escape to cancel an edit mode and return to editing other cells, but you are right, this needs to allow these edits in the colummn as well.  I'll have to work to fix those events with custom cell types.  Thanks for testing and posting that issue. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,740 Views)

I've updated the source, and the release binaries to v1.0.1 to correct the reported items.  Thanks for the bug reports.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,717 Views)

I like this a lot!  I've got the source opened in LabVIEW 2017 and am running the "Example Simple Databinding.vi".  Should the links launch something when you click on them?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,239 Views)