LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reducing the size of the front panel in edit mode

My front panel is far larger than require for the controls and indicators placed there. How do I get rid of the extra real estate?
Thanks.
Message 1 of 15
(4,394 Views)
Resize the window and save the VI.

André
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
Message 2 of 15
(4,392 Views)
Didn't work. Resize where? on the screen, in the window properties window?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(4,389 Views)
You resize the LabVIEW front panel just like you would resize any other application's window. You can drag the top, bottom, left, or right side with the mouse.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(4,384 Views)
I think the reason it doesn't work is that I have to find all my hidden indicators and move them into a smaller area. I'm trying to locate them all. Is there a single switch that shows them?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(4,377 Views)
If you have controls and indicators that must be "visible", consider using a tab control to place them on. You could "sort" them onto different tabs, or simply placed little-used ones onto other tab(s).
Message 6 of 15
(4,370 Views)

No, normally you don't have to have controls/indicators and move them first. In the VI Properties>Window Size, what do you have set for minimum panel width and height? These should be 0 and the checkboxes unselected.

Also, there is no single way to find all controls/indicators. You can go to the block diagram and then double click them to find them on the front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(4,369 Views)
Size set to zero. boxes uncheck. Still get scroll bars that allow me to scroll to unused portions of real estate. This wouldn't be susch a problem except that when you add a new indicator or control when you are working on the block diagram, it puts it out in left field somewhere and then has to be moved.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,362 Views)
If you have a lot of hidden controls you could loop through the controls[] references array and use the visible property node to make them visible. This takes some effort but might be faster than individually double clicking on large numbers of controls. If you will need to hide them again after moving them, read the Visible property node before changing all to visible, save the result, then write that array back to the Visible property later.

Lynn
Message 9 of 15
(4,360 Views)
That's a bit different problem than simply making the front panel smaller. You will always have the ability to scroll to unused front panel space. Instead of creating controls on the block diagram, create them on the front panel and then wire them up. If you keep the block diagram reasonably sized (i.e. no more than 1 screen), then you typically don't have the problem of front panel controls being created in unused space.
Message 10 of 15
(4,355 Views)