From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reducing no of data saving to excel file

Solved!
Go to solution

hello everyone,

i am reading and saving 6 sensor output from an instrument using labview. rs485 communication is using here. normally its saving 2 samples per second in to excel file. i need to reduce this no of data saving. eg: instead of one reading per second i want to save one reading per minute or 10 minutes etc..so for getting that what logic i need to use or any special function is available in labview?

please help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,215 Views)

I would use the Elasped Time function and a case structure.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,193 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Krishna_kp

@Krishna_kp wrote:

hello everyone,

i am reading and saving 6 sensor output from an instrument using labview. rs485 communication is using here. normally its saving 2 samples per second in to excel file. i need to reduce this no of data saving. eg: instead of one reading per second i want to save one reading per minute or 10 minutes etc..so for getting that what logic i need to use or any special function is available in labview?

please help

If you have a while loop, and you want to execute a certain task at a certain frequency, I would just use a modulo devision:

modulo.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,185 Views)