LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read and write in the same excel file

Hi.

Possible to read from the two column and write data to the next column using the same excel file? I need to compare the data as below with the other two columns of data and output in the same file. How should i do this?

Regards,

Ander

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,519 Views)

Hi Ander,

you can use ActiveX to do it. See this link http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&message.id=2391&query.id=234188#M2391

for some examples.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,506 Views)
Please do not post bitmaps. Changing the extension does not magically change the format of the file.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,475 Views)
Sorry that i never notice till i press submit post. I will be more alert next time. Sorry to ask a not related question. How do i disable that activeX problem shown in the attachment. Because i can't command MS word when using labview as there is the error box there and i did ask in MS forum but no one reply. I know this might be a newbie question. Hope someone help me.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,457 Views)
That is a security warning from Excel, likely caused by the Agilent PSA/ESA software that you have installed. It's basically telling you that there's an ActiveX control installed and warning you in case you didn't know about it. This has nothing to do with LabVIEW. I do not know if the Agilent PSA/ESA software can be marked as "safe" so that Excel will not give you a warning. Assuming this is being caused by that, then Agilent is the best place to ask this question. Alternatively, you can install third-party software that is used to automatically click the "Yes" button in certain cases. There are a number of these. Don't know if it will work here, though since that software was designed to work with the security warning you get when you try to send mail using the Outlook object model.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,445 Views)