LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read and input

i have this code that reads data from the DMM and then puts the data into an array. each test has its own parameters. in other words, for test 1 i need to measure current and that is done from DMM1.

Now, for test 22, i need to read current from DMM1 and multiply it by 5, then read voltage and multiply it by 2, then finally divide both results and get the actual data to put into the array.

can anyone help?

let me know if i am being ambiguous.

thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(280 Views)

i want to read voltage from DMM3.

So it is 2 different instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(277 Views)

Hi John,

@JohmDoe86 wrote:

i need to read current from DMM1 and multiply it by 5, then read voltage and multiply it by 2, then finally divide both results and get the actual data to put into the array.

can anyone help?

You need to implement your requirements in code.

Which help do you need?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(218 Views)

for "test 22" i need to have this logic. just for "test 22". i am struggling as where and how to put this in my code

JohmDoe86_0-1720518618579.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(187 Views)

Hi John,

@JohmDoe86 wrote:

for "test 22" i need to have this logic. just for "test 22". i am struggling as where and how to put this in my code

Implement this scaling for ALL test cases.

Set the scaling gains/offsets to 1 (or 0) as default value and only change those values for Test22…

Suggestions:

• There's no need for this inner while loop: place the shift register at the outer loop!
  • Initialize the shift register before the loop so you don't need the case structure inside that inner loop ("init"/"write")!
  • There's no need for the global variable "Array": use a wire to send the data into the Save case…
    (Right now there is a race condition due to using this global variable!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(178 Views)