LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read analog and counter channel of daqmx and plot a xy graph

Hi,

I need a help to read an analog and counter channels from a DAQmx at the same time and plot a XY graph. I know how to read two analog channels using a Flatten Channel.vi. Is there another way to do this, but syncronizing the data?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,189 Views)

Hi,

You can't really read 2 analog channels at once because the DAQmx only has one ADC in it.

So you need to make a case loop for it, in each case you clear the DAQ tasks and create a new one in it.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/Read-Analog-input-channels-in-multiple-VIs/td-p/787892

More information is in this link Smiley Happy

Regards,

Stieve

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,178 Views)

commodore: That is plain wrong! The OP can read two or more analog channels from one DAQ at the same time, as long as they are in the same TASK. This is also what the OP is showing in the picture.

But you can't have two or more input TASKs running on the same cDAQ.

You can have an input AND an output TASK running at the same time for one cDAQ.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,171 Views)

hmmm that's new to me. They always said to me that if I wanted to read 2 or more analogue signals, that I would need to clear the task and create a new one for it.Because the DAQ only has 1 ADC on board...

I knew that you can have an input and an output task at the same time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,163 Views)

Ok...reading two analog channel I know. I showed a way that work on a attachment file. My problem is how can I do using one analog channel and other counter channel at the same time and plot a XY Graph.

Thank you!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,157 Views)

but can u read the 2 channels at the exact same time?

is it possible to tell me where u found that first VI? Infront of create channel.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,124 Views)

Sorry for not answer your question before, but I found this VI in LabView Help. It's possible to read two channels in this way, but in thi example I read two analog measurements. I don't know for one counter and one analog channel. If you want to use that VI, you can find in search with thia name: DAQmx Flatten Channel String.

Thks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,104 Views)