cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read a data from notepad

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all , 

i need to read a data from a notepad.i have a wish to read a data using a Report generation toolkit. 

Is that possible ??? please post your ideas and Vi's to do that.  

i have attached a sample notepad file.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,708 Views)

Why do you specify using the Report Generation Toolkit to simply read a text file?

Example_VI.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,690 Views)

Hello jim , 

i know this method but i asked is there possibility to do via Report generation toolkit . 

coming to our output , i also get a same output but i need a extract a particular file name out . how to crack that ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,687 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mrtechie

I agree with Jim -- I don't understand why you want to use a more complex tool like the RGT (that is designed to produce HTML, Word (.docx), and Excel (.xlsx) documents, and in some cases, can also read these documents) when you are dealing with a file format that is (a) very simple and (b) not a file format "native" to the RGT components.

You mention needing to "extract a particular file name out".  A minor modification of Jim's code will produce an Array of Strings (one string for each line of text) that might facilitate doing string processing by running the Array through a For loop and parsing one line at a time, like this:

Read Lines.png

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,676 Views)

Thank you bob . !! 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,651 Views)