LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read 32kHz data using 8451

I need to read 32kHz data coming in synchronization with 32kHz clock. Can I use 2 digital i/o lines of 8451 and poll continuously to be able to read it? Is there a better way of reading data? I have LabVIEW 8.5.

Any comments or ideas welcome.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,544 Views)

Hi,

Would you please desribe what you will be doing with data recieved?  Will you be recording or displaying this data, etc.

Regards,

Sammy Z.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,524 Views)
Yes, I will be storing and displaying the data only if I can read it. Also, I will be post-processing it for filtering and some other down-the-line processes.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,497 Views)

Hi,

You will not be able to use the NI-8451 for this application since it is software timed.

You need a Data Acquisition card that would be able to do hardware timing.

Please include an email address or phone number if you'd like me to have your territory rep. contact you to help you pick a module out of the huge variety of DAQ cards that NI sells.

What form factor do you prefer?  (PCI is the most economical way to go.)

Rergards,

Sammy

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,480 Views)

Thank you for the answer. I realize that it is software timed and that there are high-speed daq cards available. I am using I2C bus on the 8451 and did not want to use a separate daq device to be able to acquire data, so I was looking for some way to have 8451 do both.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,467 Views)