LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-232 compiling trouble

Hi i am very new to labview, i am using an old v 6.1. I developed a small application that reads the weight from couple of rs-232 scales, well it is good as it runs on the machine where labview is installed, nothing matters if it runs as vi or builded exe, trouble comes out when i build an installer. After installed the application on other machine (that's the one need this application), all functions great except a couple of vi, exactly the ones my application is dependent. This mean that i can't select any source on i/o, label is grayed, i write the data on txt file and also thi function doesn't work. During build process i've added both visa configure and open create replace vis as dynamically loaded, tried with support, but nothing.

Where i am wrong? Thanks to support.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,240 Views)

IYou need to install the NI VISA library on the computer where you  install your EXE.  (it's about 130MB you can download from ni website)   

this is the link :

http://www.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/bot/no/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/catnav:du,n8:3.25.123.1640,ssna...

You can also compile it along in your installer... but I am not sure about LV6...

David.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,237 Views)

...your STOP button does not work because you have an endless upper While Loop...

Move your event case to the IDLE loop in your lower button. 

+ Before reading bytes from you VISA source you should check if there are any bytes available with a property-node!

Have fun!

David.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,235 Views)

Thanks to fast support and for good suggestion, about stopo button it works but needs to be long pressed, itry to change it as you said (if i have clearly understand your reply). I would make a try about visa. About check if there is any byte: i provided no check because scale output constant data at rate of 200ms.

Thx.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,227 Views)