LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

raster images

Hello,

I am quite new to LabView. I have read past forums to see if my question can be answered but I haven't found anything relevant or similar to my question.

My question is how can I get an image from a file and then pixelate that image; that is, make the image into a raster image so to speak. More specifically, say I have an image of a rectangle or a checkerboard and I call that image from a path then "pixelate" or make the image into a raster image. I want it to have a high number of pixels (640X480, I guess that would be something like VGA resolution) but I don't know if that is possible.I have tried a few things but I have not succeeded so far. I do not have te NI Vision Development (the IMAQ and such); and I want to do my VI without the NI Vision Development. Also does anyone know how to make a user-adjustable checkerboard. That is make an 8X8 checkerboard and then be able to change it to a 45X45 checkerboard, etc. (I saw the chessboard example vi but it has too many unnecessay feautures and it did not work when I did it (such as images of the pons, etc)).

Thank you for reading! Looking forward for a response.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,481 Views)

Hi there,

Have you seen this interesting post (Displaying images to build a track map) it contains an example (map maker.zip) that might get you started.

Also, you can download and install any software from NI (visit ni.com/downloads) and use it in evaluation mode, that way you can get familiar with the tools.

I hope this helps

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,406 Views)

Nope this didn't work for me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,362 Views)