From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ramp voltage generation

Hi all,

Can I create a ramp AO voltage using NI USB 7856R? Or do I have to integrate it with some labview program for ramp? If then how can I do it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,300 Views)

I'm pretty sure you have to (programmatically) tell it what you want it to do.  I think NI is actively working on a version of their hardware that will predict the waveform the user wants (such as a ramp, with parameters), but I expect that's a few years away.  Until then, you probably have to send it the ramp waveform you wish to output.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 11
(3,260 Views)

Hi bob,

Thanks for your reply. I am attaching a picture of inbuilt analog output program for NI usb 7856r can you tell me how to make it ramp? How do I integrate it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,246 Views)

Hi basimass,

create the ramp data in your host VI.

Then send the AO data from your host to your FPGA target.

There are a lot of functions in the Signal processing functions palette, I guess one of the will fit your needs…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,242 Views)

Hi

I put ramp equation to the connector fpga and I got a signal like ramp. Now I want to slowly rise the ramp, I mean 10v/s. I put a timer but its not working. Any suggestion? Attaching image of what I have done.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,229 Views)

If you are comfortable with it, I suggest you generate the waveform in the FPGA.

Can you provide parameters of the ramp?  Levels, ramp time, number of steps, does it need to repeat?

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor
ALE Consultants

Introduction to LabVIEW FPGA for RF, Radar, and Electronic Warfare Applications
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,226 Views)

Hi basimss,

Think DATAFLOW!

Your wait function is pretty useless regarding those for loops. When you want to slow down those loops you need to place the wait inside the loops...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,225 Views)

Hi,

Actually what I want to create is s ramp which rises 1v/s ,using fpga Ni usb 7856R ,which can be observed using oscilloscope and when I click stop it should show a constant value.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,208 Views)

Hi basim,

some simple pseudocode:

// t1 = loop iteration time in seconds
rampspeed := 1   // 1 V/s
ao := 0
step := rampspeed * t1
REPEAT
  ao := ao + step
  wait(t1)
UNTIL "stop button"

Looks really simple to me.

(In your image you don't even place the timing in the right place…)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,206 Views)

Hi

It will be helpful if you give me some labview programs( block diagram) that could work since I am new to this.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,200 Views)