LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ramp after continuous sine

Hello every body

i have two questions. i am generating a continuous sine wave for a few minutes. i am using basic function generator in order to generate sine wave. when the sine wave ends, i can see it on the oscilloscope as well. when the periodic sine wave ends, it moves immediately to zero. i would like to have a ramp on oscillocope. for example if when the sine wave is finishing,and it is moving to zero,it should move like a ramp. is it possible?
my second wuestion is when i stop my application,suddenly a window/dialog opens and ask to save the program. i am not calling any vi that will open such a dialog. i also checked in VI hierarchy,also  there i dont see any vi that is calling dialog when i press  stop button. why is itlike this? please explain me.?

thanks regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,617 Views)

I'll have to think about the ramp part of your question, but to the first question, if you change any constants, move anything on the front panel, change any control defaults, etc., the program will ask the "save" question when you close it. You may have noticed that if you change certain things an asterix * is in the VI's title after its name. This says that there are changes made that may need to be saved (as of the recent versions, putting a breakpoint in your code when debugging will cause this).

Does the sine always end at a specific amplitude (if you are generating a frequency that "fits into" the time period it will)?

P.M.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,606 Views)

Look at this thread, they are exploring a similar question that might help.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=134248

P.M.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,605 Views)
Hello
Thanks for your reply. well i am sending my application thats called 05_07_29 GUI. now when you see the GUI. you see the Blocks/banks. number of blocks are adjusted by the user.
when the user gives Block value 3. we get 3 blocks/banks, when the user gives 2, we get two blocks/banks.
now my question is if the user says and offset of 10 . it will start with an offset of 10. right now it is working, but it will immediately start at 10.that means it was at zero and it moves to 10. i would like between this zero and 10(the offset value) a ramp of 2 seconds. and when the block 1 reach its limits.that means time for block 1 is over.it will move to block 2. when it moves to block 2 again i would like to have a ramp that is dependent on the offset. ramp between block 1 and block 2 could be also once again 2 seconds.
my second question is i am trying to give ampl_max and ampl_min value as y_marker value on the displayable graph. because i am not directly using the values 0 to 10 volts, but i am using scaled values. these scaled values ampl_max and ampl_min i  would like to display on graph. i tried it, but it is not working.
the last question is that i checked all sub vis and changes but still when i press stop button(in my application), a dialog window opens and ask to save the file. how can i rectify this?
i would be grateful for any help.

Thanks
Regards
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,595 Views)
Hi

Can anyone pls help me...

I want to ramp a generated sine wave. Ie, i want the sine wave of constant amplitude to ramp down linearly. Right now i am generating both the ramp and the sine wave and then using build array for writing it to the AO write function. (I don't have DAQmx, i am using traditional DAQ VI's). But by doing so the update rate  of the AO write will chage the update write of both the sine and ramp signal. All i want it to have a sine wave ramp down gradually .

I would appreciate it if some one can help me! I am really stuck here.

I have LABVIEW 7.0 and PCI 7030/6040 E DAQ board.

Thanks
Krithika
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,532 Views)