cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"string" missing in function pannel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm developping a labview code for serial communication,  but when i right click in the controle pannel i do not  found "string" in "functions" pannel

I'm working with LV 2013, this do not happen in labview 2012

Have any body and idea about why "string" is missing.

cheers,

SASA

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,001 Views)

Hey,

are all palettes show in the function palette?

Step 1. pin the palette to the blockdiagramm -> click on customize in the upper left corner -> change visible palettes -> select all

if this doesn't help...

Step 2. Tools -> Advanced -> Edit palette set -> relink the palette -> insert Subpalette -> link to existing -> ...\LabVIEW Data\2013(32-bit)\Palettes\menus\Categories\Programming\string.mnu

Regards,

CMW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,994 Views)

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer,

but i did not find the "relink the palette -> insert Subpalette -> link to existing " path

when i click on tool->advanced-> edit palette set i find a winfow names "Edit Controls and Functions palette set" where i did not found "relink the palette -> insert Subpalette -> link to existing "

Regards,

SASA

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,967 Views)

Oh ok I see, ...

Tools -> Advanced -> Edit palette set -> rightclick into an empty space on the palette-> insert -> Subpalette -> link to existing -> ...\LabVIEW Data\2013(32-bit)\Palettes\menus\Categories\Programming\string.mnu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,950 Views)

Ok, now i found the "link to an existing palet file" but i do not find the file?

can i download it? 'may be)

Cheers,

SASA

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,943 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SASA1

check also in this path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\menus\Categories\Programming

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,936 Views)

it works now, but only in block diagram,  in control panl it does not appear.

Regards,

SASA

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,906 Views)

Functions are only on the Block diagram. Controls and indicators go only on the Front Panel.

Take the time to go through the getting started tutorial.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,866 Views)