LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"relocate a control from a cluster"

I am doing maintenance  on code that requires the relocation of a control that is currently part of a cluster. The control's data is still needed by the subVI that now uses the data and the data  from the other control that comprise the cluster.
What process is used to modify the cluster to relocate the control from the cluster's panel to another panel?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,557 Views)
Could you just unbundle the data for the sub-vi?

Message Edited by jasonhill on 08-15-2006 03:07 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,550 Views)
Unbundling did not provide the desired outcome. The change request is to move a control from it's current location, which is a cluster, to the main panel. The output from the control would become an input to the subVI where the control's data is currently being used. 

since I will need to add another input terminal to the subVI that currently uses the control's data, should I just delete the control from the cluster, add a new control on the main panel and wire the control's output to the input terminal added the subVI?

Sorry if the solution seems obivious, but I am somewhat new to LV and still learning about clusters.
Thanks in Advance,
Mac
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,526 Views)

Hello Mac,

It sounds like all you want to do is move a control out of the cluster container on your front panel. If so, all you need to do is clicking & holding with the left mouse button on the control and dragging it out of the container onto the main front panel. I attempted to illustrate this here:

Hope this helps!

Message Edited by Charlie S. on 08-16-2006 12:59 PM

Charlie S.

Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,518 Views)
Thanks Charlie. That worked.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,481 Views)