cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"cannot display selected category page"

Solved!
Go to solution

capture cannot display.PNG

In LV14 I am getting some weird behavior. When I right-click a control and select properties LV seems to act like it's "lost". It goes out to vi.lib>:\platform\security folders and searches and searches. It eventually gets to the properties of the control.

However, when I go to Options then try to select VI server it does the same thing but never finds what it's looking for and tells me "cannot display selected category page." See image.

My other machine seems to be fine and is not exhibiting the same behavior.

Suggestions?

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,805 Views)

Can you repair the install?  That's my usual go to for really off the wall goofy NI issues like this.

I realize that it doesn't identify and help solve the problem, but if I've got work to do then I try a repair.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,793 Views)

@Wart wrote:

Can you repair the install?  That's my usual go to for really off the wall goofy NI issues like this.

I realize that it doesn't identify and help solve the problem, but if I've got work to do then I try a repair.

Repair did not solve the problem. I suppose I could try an uninstall and reinstall. Grrrrrrrrrr ....... Smiley Mad

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,758 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PaulG.

Hello PaulG,

This seems to be a rare issue and was common on Labview 8.5 however it was fixed back then, can you try to uninstall and install again to see if it works?

Regards,

Randy

Randy @Rscd27@
Message 4 of 6
(2,713 Views)

@Rscd27 wrote:

Hello PaulG,

This seems to be a rare issue and was common on Labview 8.5 however it was fixed back then, can you try to uninstall and install again to see if it works?

Regards,

Randy

That seemed to work. Thanks, Randy.

PaulG.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,683 Views)

Great!!!!!:manwink:

Randy @Rscd27@