From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Re-Chunking" A labview waveform per iteration.

Hi,

I've got a quick question, so say I've got a DAQ Block, that captures a signal at 300 Samples/Sec. So for every iteration of an outer while loop I get 300 Samples Per Second. Now I want to do some signal processing where, for example in a for loop inside the while loop, where I look at the samples for that second in chunks of X (we'll call it 10) samples per second. Is there some way to "Re-chunk" a waveform over iteration like this?

Regards,
Kenneth Miller
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,436 Views)
You probably don't want to have that for loop doing its re-chunking inside your DAQ while loop.  You could take your data out of the while loop using a queue and then re-chunk in a data processing loop.  Or if the re-chunking is not time critical you wait until all your DAQ is done and then re-chunk from file (or array in memory).  I dont know if that is helpful to you or not.

Cheers
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,429 Views)
That sounds fine, but how do I "re-chunk" it?

I'd rather not convert it to a ray of scalars, because then I'd have to keep track of the DT and timestamp manually, is there no VI that works on the waveform or DDT type?

Regards,
Kenneth Miller
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,422 Views)
Can someone please help me with this?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,380 Views)
Kenneth,

You can convert the DDT to a Waveform data type.  Then you can get the waveform components, (t0, dt, and Y).  Depending on what signal analysis you are doing, you might not even need to do this.  But, then you can build the waveform with the values from the get waveform components, and re-construct a waveform back.

I guess it all depends on how you are 'de chunking' your data, and what type of data processing you are doing.
Regards,

Jared Boothe
Staff Hardware Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,366 Views)