LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Is Name Multiplatform.vi" Bug or Feature?

The "Is Name Multiplatform.vi" in \vi.lib\Utility\libraryn.llb\ seemed like a nice solution for checking the validity of cross platform filenames.  But it appears that it does not catch if there is a newline character (\n, x0A) in the filename.  I would think this a bug because it is not a valid character for windows filenames, but maybe I'm missing something.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,072 Views)

My guess is that a new line function is outside the scope of the expected characters that may be included in file name. Should these characters become an issue, you could always add a helper function in front of this vi that screens for return characters before passing in the string.

If you're interested, you could post this suggest in the Idea Exchange as a potential addition to later versions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,036 Views)

Probably should change that match pattern to a match regular expression and use "([\\\:\/\*\?\"\<\>\|\c\t\n\r\f]|[\80-\FF])" I wasn't aware until today that match pattern will not accept a range of \xx e.g. [\80-\FF] matches 128 and 255 but not 129-254.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,024 Views)